Shots for Shipping! | July 26, 2019
We’re really ramping up here! We’ve set a new two-week record with 89 PRs. If you look at the trends in our output across our repos, we’ve roughly doubled PRs from our previous average for the last two weeks. That’s because we’re driving as hard and as fast as we can towards our MainNet launch.
We’re still looking for awesome projects to apply to our beta program, so don’t be shy! Also coming soon: within the next two weeks we’ll be launching our TestNet validator competition. If you’re interested, make sure to keep an eye out for the announcement (and join our discord at https://near.chat).
In other news, we had a small celebration with the core team and some of our investors. In the middle of the festivities, co-founders Alex and Illia snuck off to discuss chunks.
COMMUNITY AND EVENTS
- IDEO + Coinlist Hackathon is launching its hackathon
- Get more info here: https://near.org/blog/announcing-the-ideo-coinlist-hackathon/
- We’re deep into interviews for our Beta program. Make sure to apply and tell your smartest friends to apply as well!
- TestNet Validator competition (COMING SOON!)
1/ So excited to announce the launch of @ideocolab‘s FIRST blockchain Startup Studio program: a world-wide hackathon/adoptathon with @CoinList in partnership with five global protocols @ethereum @NEARProtocol @OasisLabs @StellarOrg @TQTezos
— Ian Lee (@ianjohnlee) July 25, 2019
- Published version v0.11.4 of nearlib
- Added publicKey flag to shell
- Block explorer now has live data
- Made substantial progress on chunks
- Extended genesis spec for all types of records in core
- Changed account/access key serialization to protobuf in state storage
- Added ability to login to wallet through near-shell
- Updated the UI in wallet and improved interactions with CLI for development
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
Join us: there are new jobs we’re hiring across the board!
If you want to work with one of the most talented teams in the world right now to solve incredibly hard problems, check out our careers page for openings. And tell your friends!
Learn more about NEAR in The Beginner’s Guide to NEAR Protocol. Stay up to date with what we’re building by following us on Twitter for updates, joining the conversation on Discord and subscribing to our newsletter to receive updates right to your inbox.
Reminder: you can help out significantly by adding your thoughts in our 2-minute Developer Survey.